Thursday 12 August 2010

Fast Forward...

So now, almost exactly 13 years later, I've been there, done that, got the scar tissue...  I had the laser surgery.  I had the stents.  I had the tracheostomies, hard and soft.  I had the permanent stoma.  I had the permanent stoma reversal.  I had more laser surgery.  I had more stents.  They blocked, they failed, they got infected, and (on one especially delightful occassion) they came out.  8cm long that thing was, believe me it was a bitch to cough out, lol.  And I won't even get into the realm of respiratory arrests.  The crash trolley doesn't exist only on Casualty, I found this out the hard way, ha!

And now, they say, I need a transplant.  Isn't that just scary as Hell?  I keep getting told I'm at the top of the list, it'll happen soon, but a few days ago a junior doctor let slip that it might actually be more like three years.  A year, I can do;  three years, I can't.

I can barely do anything for myself anymore, as the breathing prevents me.  Without oxygen, there's nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment