Friday 18 November 2011

And so it might be cancer...

I went back to the nurse today, and she checked me over again.  And made me an urgent referral to the local cancer clinic.  It's weird, y'know, as I never considered for a moment that something like breast cancer might intrude into my otherwise well packaged life.  I feel a bit like this is all happening to someone else.  Kind of detached from everything. 

My only small consolation is that maybe writing about this might help someone else.  I can but hope.

Next week is a busy one.  I have an appointment with my lovely consultant on Monday at the ent hospital. He's going to tell me yet again that there's nothing they can do to cure my TS, but they will do everything they can to help me lead a normal life.  Lol, there really is nothing normal about my life!! 

Tuesday, I have an appointment with Norman, my care co.  He's a nice chap, but a clock watcher.  He will do his job well, until lunchtime, then he's off.  I understand, you do become a bit weary after years of doing a job like that.

And some time later in the wqeek, I will be entering the murky world of Oncology departments.  Jeez, I really never thought that would happen.  As I said before, I feel as shocked as if someone had hit me over the head with a netball post.  That actually happened to me once!  Luckily, I have a hard head, so no major brain damage. 

I've decided to take a temazapam and go to bed for the rest of the day.  I hope you have a much nicer day than me.  Get out there and live life, carpe diem, and all that.

Have a lovely day, XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment